Volunteer at Journey to Freedom leader Mr Yo and YARA founder Sweethome Teacup collaborate to offer a unique experience which features daily elephant interactions, learning about agriculture and community through having a cultural exchange at a tribal village and volunteering at the local school in the mountains of Chiang Mai, as well as daily yoga sessions and conversation about how we all can support the health and well being of all who share this beautiful planet as our home.
Journey to Freedom Volunteers also spend the final night at Elephant Nature Park where you can swap stories of your experiences with park volunteers.
For centuries the Karen tribe has cared for elephants in the jungles of South East Asia. Through unemployment, they were forced to lease their elephants to trekking camps and elephant tourist shows. Now the time has come for the elephants to return to the village and their natural habitat. Volunteer at Journey to Freedom is a project that embeds volunteers into the culture of one of Thailand’s oldest hill tribes while gaining a fascinating insight to the life of forest elephants. Witness the daily life of the Karen people, become involved in the community and experiencing intimate encounters with the worlds largest land mammal.
Sweethome will be offering daily yoga practices, writing prompts, meditation, and teachings which will inspire and enhance the whole experience.
- Daily time with elephants; feed and walk alongside these gentle giants through the jungle.
- Gain a fascinating insight to the life of elephants in their natural habitat and observe the way they behave when surrounded by the jungle.
- Delicious Thai food, freshly cooked each day for you to enjoy.
- Meet people from all walks of life with similar interests and make life long friends.
- Make a difference in a community while learning about their traditional way of life
- Daily yoga, meditation, journaling, and discussion.
- A blessing ceremony lead by a Karen Tribe elder.
We are offering Journey to Freedom and Earth Home as a whole package. You also have the option of joining us for one of the weeks.
Cost of one of these retreats is $1,750 Cost of two week retreat is $3000 ~ this includes:
All transport from when we meet in Chiang Mai on the 13th until we return to Chiang Mai on the 27th.
14 days of Lodging and meals at the elephant project and Earth Home Retreat
7 days in the jungle with the elephants
A Thai cooking class
A Thai Massage
A Thai language class
A trip to the local temple and traditional Thai sauna
yoga, chanting, writing, meditation daily
All contributions go directly to support Yoga and Animal Rights Alliance.
more information needed? contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is limited space for this retreat.
Save your spot by donating your $500 non refundable donation